Thursday, August 18, 2016

Draft

Beaten, bouncing back
My unfaithful heart
Temporary absence
God, help me or forgive me

It's like I sit on a bench and see everything
In the air between us
It's like I sit on a bench to remind myself
Of everything I let go of

My unfaithful heart,
Beaten, bouncing back
Finding its rhythm
God, help me or forgive me

I'm being here so tightly
Pressing my cheek up against the glass
Don't push too hard
Or else it's going to tear my face apart

I'm being here so tightly
And they're pressing my face up against the glass
I'm praying it won't break
Don't push too hard

I'm pulling the roots out
Simply letting them die
The ones that are still holding me here
God, help me or forgive me

Sometimes it dies in you, sometimes it dies in me
This time, just let go of me

No comments:

Post a Comment