Sunday, September 11, 2016

Dead beat

All you ever surround yourself with are lies
And that bullet shot twice once across my heart
Then once across my head, putting me on the verge
Always pulling me closer to the edge

You are stealing my time away
As I'm freeing my foot
And now I'm lying on the sidewalk again
It's just a tiny bit of hope
A leg that strayed
I come up then let it go

You went after my soft underbelly
After the softness of my tissues
Was it a joke to you?
Because I'm pretty sure
You were killing me

I still dance to the rhythm of that dead beat
I still dance to the rhythm of that dead beat
I still dance to the rhythm of that dead beat
I still dance to the rhythm of that dead beat
I still dance to the rhythm of that dead beat
I still dance to the rhythm of that dead beat
I still dance to the rhythm of that dead beat

There was a fountain I was walking by
Why did you pretend to walk with me?
I'm still rising from the ashes of what you'd left there for me

But I still dance to the rhythm of that dead beat

There was a girl I believed in
I hope she's real
God, let her be real

No comments:

Post a Comment