Sunday, November 20, 2016

Life of charcoal

My dead limbs spread all over the floor
I flew away for just one night
I kept drawing it inside of my thighs
Hoping to keep you away
Now you're pouring life into me
Or I'm pouring it myself 
That lie you told slipped all over my house

I'm flashing my bones to show you
I'm still here
Demons are singing my name
I'm flashing my bones to show you
I'm still here
Demons are signing my name
And I'm setting up a choir

It's just another, just another day in the life of charcoal

Your hunger made me imbalanced
Then it broke my heart
We're living in a land
Where we believe in free will
But you're dancing on my testament
And I'm plastering my walls
It was really cute, like a raped unicorn
You were pretending to wear my name
Then I noticed your stone hanging around my neck

I'm flashing my bones to show you
I'm still here
Demons are singing my name
I'm flashing my bones to show you
I'm still here
Demons are signing my name
And I'm setting up a choir

It's just another, just another day in the life of charcoal


No comments:

Post a Comment