Monday, April 17, 2017

She was just a girl and I was just a baby


It'd be prettier on your side of the road
It'd be prettier if you took it from me
My teddy bears and the bombs in my closet
She was just a girl so for a while she let me hold her sins
She was just a girl and I was just a baby
Mommies like their little girls hurt
So daddies could show them how it goes

You spend nights thinking of what you'd like to make a part of my bloodstream
You showed me what it means to stand in the ring
To you we were made of the same thing
You were hoping I already grew bigger
And I was hurt by your longings
That always seem to get to me
I'm just a figure drowning in your puddle
Im just a figure and I jump right in
Tattoo it on my back, sew it with my skin

You spend nights cursing at the sky
I spend nights climbing on a rope then falling from it
I'm just a figure in your puddle
I'm just a figure and i jump right in
She was just a girl and I was just a baby
Tattoo it on my back, sew it with my skin
I still come to show you that I'm made of different things

I'm all grown up so I'm just another figure to fight
I roll alone and then I strech my tendons
I'm holding a ballon to stay here
But the poison in my veins is easier to take now
I'm solid enough now



1 comment:

  1. This one saddens me on my current mood.
    You're an excellent writer, Karolina.
    ❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete